Cold Climate Housing Research Center is seeking a new member to join the administrative team. CCHRC is a non-profit 501(c)(3) and has over two decades promoting and advancing the development of healthy, durable and sustainable shelter for Alaskans and other circumpolar people. Our mission is driven by a highly dynamic team that values a healthy work/life balance. If you are interested in being part of a team that is changing lives in Alaska and making a difference, please apply.
The Finance Coordinator will work closely with the Executive Director to implement an effective financial management and development strategy as a key component to carrying out the CCHRC mission. Must have strong computer, office management and bookkeeping skills establishing and maintaining files and records, review and revise financial management systems, support annual budget development, manage accounts payable and receivable, prepare client invoices, and coordinate payroll and employee benefits. Must have the ability to make accurate and mathematical calculations and will be responsible for payroll, payroll tax deposits and reports, monitoring budgets and working with an accountant.
Must be able to communicate effectively, work well with others, work under pressure, use independent judgment and work independently, organize and prioritize work, meet deadlines and maintain confidentiality. This position has the potential for growth within the organization.
- Maintain accounts receivable and accounts payable including invoicing, deposits and collections
- Perform accounts payable duties including reviewing, coding, and processing payments
- Maintain and balance general ledger accounts
- Process recurring payroll and submit payroll taxes
- Process quarterly and annual tax reporting
- Prepare project invoices
- Assist in annual tax preparation and filing
- Prepare financial statements
Key skills & competency requirements:
- Experience with accounting software
- Understanding of basic accounting principles and GAAP compliance
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google compatible applications
- Experience of HR administration is desirable although not essential
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Desire to grow with company and evolve the position
- Flexible and adaptable in approach to work with the ability to multi-task
- Meticulous and accurate
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good communicator and personable
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize
- Process driven
- Desire to contribute to the mission of CCHRC
- Willingness to support other essential operations, events, and all-hands-on-deck team needs
Pay Rate: $21-25 per hour
Applicants interested in part-time or full-time positions are encouraged to apply. We envision this position to grow in responsibility based on organizational needs.
ExemptBenefits: Paid Time Off, including holidays, bereavement, health benefits, retirement plan option, and community service paid leave.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to Mindy O’Neall at email@example.com by 5pm on May 7, 2021.
Qualified candidates will be notified of an interview. Position is open until filled.