CCHRC Employment Opportunities
Job Title: Project Intern
Reports to: This is a joint CCHRC and Information Insights position. The intern will report to a project manager at CCHRC and a separate project manager at Information Insights. There is considerable coordination between both organizations to ensure that the work load is manageable.
Hours: 10 – 30 hours per week, with a start date in July or August. The position is flexible so that the prospective employee will have time for school or other obligations.
Purpose: CCHRC and Information Insights are hiring one or more part-time interns to help with a wide variety of project tasks. Projects at the organizations are diverse, ranging in topic from laboratory research to technical assistance to outreach and more. At the end of the contract in December 2020, there will be an option for an extension dependent on project workload and performance.
Job Duties: Job duties will vary depending on need, interest, and experience. Some sample project tasks are listed below.
- Drafting and editing sections of reports and proposals;
- Creation and editing of outreach materials such as flyers;
- Data collection, management, and analysis;
- Research interviews via phone or email;
- Coordination of small projects and proposals.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Good attention to detail and organizational skills;
- Ability to work from home part-time or full-time depending on current COVID-19 workplace guidelines;
- Interest in energy, building science, and the sustainability of Alaska communities.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (any of the following):
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Experience living in or working with rural communities;
- Ability to work with data – sorting, cleaning, and/or analyzing;
- Ability to use Adobe software;
- Programming experience;
- Experience communicating via phone and email with diverse audiences.
Interested applicants should send a resume and contact information for two references to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org by June 30, 2020. Potential candidates will be contacted to arrange an interview during July 2020. For questions about the position, contact Vanessa Stevens at email@example.com or Jamie Hansen at firstname.lastname@example.org.